The Cégep de Rimouski offers a program called Tremplin DEC (Diploma of college studies) which is adapted to the needs of students whose knowledge of French is not sufficient to be admitted in a regular program and who wish to:
- Experience a total French immersion experience in a francophone college;
- Improve their French skills in order to succeed in higher education (college or university) *;
- Improve their chances of entering the labor market.
As part of the Tremplin DEC - French Immersion and Integration Program, French upgrading activities are added to the ministerial objectives specific to the Tremplin DEC program:
- Achieve a satisfactory level in French to undertake further study and integrate into Québec society (2 French language courses, language of instruction for non-French speaking students: Communication orale (601-015-50) 90h et Communication écrite (601-016-50) 90h);
- Meet the requirements of reading and writing at the college level (601-013-50 Renforcement en français pour les étudiants non francophones, 60 h).
* The Cégep de Rimouski is the only Cégep in the college system that works in collaboration with a university in such an immersion project. The Université du Québec à Rimouski and the Cégep de Rimouski work together to ensure that students with a low level of French can, through French immersion, improve their French language skills sufficiently to continue their studies.
This program includes credited courses, sporting, artistic and cultural activities as well as support by a personal tutor.
The activities included in the course Citoyenneté québécoise and the activities offered to students from outside Québec target their integration into the community.
18 to 21 hours (with or without a complementary course)
- 2 cours de pratique du français, langue d'enseignement pour les élèves non francophones (Communication orale & Communication écrite)
- Stratégies de réussite au collège
- Citoyenneté québécoise
- Cours optionnel selon le niveau de français
15 to 18 hours (with or without a complementary course)
- Renforcement en français, langue d'enseignement
- Activité physique et santé
- Cours d'anglais A
- Cours complémentaire
- Développement de carrière
- Cours d'exploration d'un programme d'études
You must have
- Obtained between 550 and 779 on the TFI (Test de français international, a French-language proficiency test for language learners of all levels, regardless of occupation or background and whose native language is not French)*
- achieved level 6 of the Scale of French Competency Levels/Échelle québécoise des niveaux de competence en français (Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion Québec)
* Other international tests of French that are recognized by the SRACQ for college studies are also accepted. Contact us for more information.
1 418 723-1880, ext. 2158
Welcome to all our future students!